Friday, May 31, 2013

Robins


The robins nest in our
neighbors pine tree will be getting ready to take flight soon. You can see one head peeking out  This nest I have to move a branch to check out the nest.
You can see the birds.   There are 3 babies in this nest

You can see it is farther in the tree then the doves nest.
The four pictures above were taken on the 28th of May.

Mom is sitting on the edge of our roof watching me.  She lets her presence known  when I check on the birds.  She flies  a small distance away and chirps at me the whole time I am checking them out.

Here's Mom!
Today I wanted to get a picture of our rhododendron be for the rain storm hits.  Look how startled me.  It is one of the babies from my neighbors nest.  (Well I am pretty sure it is.  Two babies have taken flight.) These next pictures were taken on the 30th of May

You can see he is well protected by the bush.  Mom, by the way  is sitting on my  mailbox, letting me know she is near by.

He is sitting so pretty.  See the baby feather still on his head.  I had to go get my husband to  come see this.

I just could not get enough pictures of this.  He was so patient with me.  He is still pretty small.  Definitely not as big as the doves.

Too cute!

Here is the nest now.  Only one more baby left.

Mom, I am waiting patiently for my lesson!
Again, I feel so happy that I am able to see this miracle up close.  It is wonderful
Mary.

1 comment:

Mary said...

How wonderful to be able to watch them up close. I love it when the birds all have babies.