Sunday, June 2, 2013

Spring is here

According to the weather report, there is a strong possibility of storms coming through tonight.  I decided to take a few pictures of what is blooming in my little yard.  The first and maybe only poppy.  It is a beautiful orange.  Love those ruffled edges.

The first rose of summer.  It is not the most gorgeous looking, but I will take it.  In the past we have tried to have a small rose garden.  I did all the things you should do in the fall to have them come back in the spring.  I kept loosing them.  Two years ago, I decided the heck with it. I just leave them alone in the fall.  I don't even dead head them!  I now have 4 bushes that keep coming back.  Trust me, I do nothing for them.

Columbine is in full bloom.  I have these deep blue ones, that I love.  See I have a hummingbird feeder, in the mad  hopes that one will come to my yard.  I have some a couple pink, a white, and a wild columbine blooming.  None are the beautiful ones with the tails and multi-color. I have planted the, but for some reason they do not come back.  

We transplanted these four peony bushes from our old house in Roselle. They never grew as big there as they do here.  We have had a lot of rain, and they have bent over.  All four bushes are at least three feet or more tall.  Two are a beautiful peach color, one is two shades of pink, and one is white.  The white has not bloomed yet.  You can see some are already shedding their blooms.

This one is a peach color.

Here is the two tone pink.  I love this one, as  the flower comes in several sizes.

This is the other peach one.

Look at all the different sizes of blooms on this plant.

Here is the rhododendron that we bought in Elma, New York and  transported it  to this house.  It is so nice to be able to drive to visit family.  Then I can bring home just about any plant I want!

Mary

2 comments:

Mary said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! I really need to split and move my peonies. They are so crowded and don't get many blooms. I like your attitude to your roses :-) I've never had luck with roses....or anything that requires a lot of work. I just stick stuff in the ground and hope for the best most of the time. If it comes back then it must be a good plant for my yard :-)

Dave said...

Hi Mary!
I'll have to try your idea with the roses. They always start out nice. .then fungus...then aphids...but they do smell so nice in the morning!