Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mute Swans

I cannot  resist visiting the swans, that come to stay for the summer, where my Dad  lived in Aurora.  These are pictures of 3 different Mom's on 3 of the 5 ponds around the property. No one was out for a swim with this Mom, so am not sure how many babies hatched.

Looks like we can see at least 3 balls of fluff.
On the second pond, only one baby appeared.  Mom is showing him  how to feed.

A little swim time.

Look how many eggs she had and only one hatched.

Mom, I am ready for my closeup!

Is this what we get to do all day??
On the third pond, Mom has at least 5 hatched eggs.

The little guy on the left had been out exploring and was the last to enter the nest.

I think a couple of these guys had just been hatched.

They are beautiful.

Mom, what do I do now?

You can see there is at least one egg that did not hatch.

It is nap time of everyone.
I am so fascinated with these magnificent birds. When I visited the second pond, Mom and Dad were making noises that sound like a dog barking.  This was to alert me that they were watching.  They are strong powerful birds.

No comments: