Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lake Patterson, in Kane County Forest Preserve.

Gray Catbird
Had gone to Lake Patterson which is in one of our forest preserves in Kane County a couple of weeks ago.
He was kind enough to sit which I took a couple of pictures.

Gray Catbird.

Baby robins are still in the area.  They have been gone from our yard for quite a while, but the forests in our area are full of them.

This guy was hiding right along the creek by Lake Patterson

The one cormorant is a visitor everyday that I go to that forest preserve.  He is always swimming.  It is interesting when he ducks underwater.  You try to anticipate where he will come up again.  He does stay down  for what seems like a long time.

I thought we were about done with Monarchs.  They seem to still be around.

The flock of American Coot arrived.  This is the first time I have ever seen them on this little lake.

We have a visitor at our house.  He is getting ready for winter.  There is a hole right behind him.  I had been putting dirt in it all summer, as it settled.  This character showed up,  and actually threw some stones from that hole  out again..  I put the stone and more dirt in the hole, and within a couple of days the stones were back out.

Coot

In the forest that day, this bird showed up.  So far I have not be able to identify him.

One of our woodpecker friends.  Hairy or Downy.

This little guy has shown up too on the lake.  I am pretty sure it is a youngster, but have no idea what.  He is always by himself, and never gets very close to the shore.  I am continuing to go back to see if I see him again. I am not so sure he has left.

No comments: