Monday, September 23, 2013

Butterflies are migrating

This weekend I finally saw monarch butterflies in my yard.  They were resting in our maple trees.

I had not seen them in trees before.  Thought they only liked flowers.  They stayed for a while to rest, then continued on their flight.

This was the second monarch that rested.

He flew into the tree too.

This painted lady seemed to be taking a rest break too.  He stayed around for quite a while.

The flowers are pretty close to the house, so I was able to keep snapping pictures.

This was the third monarch that has come to visit.

The same painted lady.  I loved watching these butterflies the last couple of days.  They are just so beautiful. I wish they could stay around a while longer.

2 comments:

Mary said...

All beautiful! I didn't see a lot of butterflies this year.

Julie G. said...

A feast for the eyes. Lovely butterflies, so beautifully captured! I like the delicacy of your images. I'm glad you are seeing a lot of butterflies, as I saw very few this year.