Friday, September 6, 2013

The marsh area by our house

What a find this day.
This Hairy Woodpecker  came for a visit.


I could not believe he stayed around long enough for me to get several pictures.

The Hairy Woodpecker likes to be by feeders and will eat seeds as well as insects.




Still trying to decide what this bird is.  I think it could be a Lesser Yellowlegs.


Egret  preening in the marsh.

I think this one is Self Heal.  This plant is found along banks of streams and along roadsides.  Native American tribes used this plant to heal such things as sore throats, hemorrhages, stomach troubles, fevers and several other ailments.  It blooms from May to September.

Coneflowers
The marsh areas around us have been seeded.  There seem to be different wildflowers always in bloom.  Another great day observing nature.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

its very good photography. your thoughts are very clear and nice. Short term loans in usa I read your blog. its nice.