Sunday, September 1, 2013

New York wildlife

While traveling some of the back roads around East Aurora, I caught sight of this buck resting in a wooded area.

Ron was inching up and down the road so I could get a shot.  He could see the deer, but I could not get a shot of him.

Finally, I got the perfect shot!  He was so nice to sit there while I composed my picture.

Ring-billed Gull

Mallards by Niagara Falls.  There were sheltered from the rapids.  Still some fairly young ones.


Geese sitting on a log by the edge of the American Falls.



Mallow

In one of the small gardens by the falls were these beautiful, Black-eyed Susan's.

House Sparrows were in big supply looking for handouts by the falls.

How many times do you get to see a black squirrel?  He sat very nice for me.

Gulls sitting just out of the rapids by the American Falls.


View of some of the rapids.

Gulls

The identity of gulls is a bit hard, as you can't tell if this is a different type or just a different phase of the Ring-billed gull.

No comments: