Sunday, January 12, 2014

Winter creatures

The other day I was out and about I stopped at one of the forest preserves.  This cute little fellow was peeking out from the base of a tree, at me.

Watched and listened to this red-bellied woodpecker.

The squirrels came out for a breath of fresh air. Look how fat he is.

Have seen several great blue herons.  Did they leave and are just coming back?

Along the Fox River the bald eagles are appearing.  I have heard that up to 48 have been seen at one time. I have seen up to a dozen.  It is amazing.
This bunny came out during the storm and dug around the base of one of our trees to find the bird seeds that had been kicked out.

The dark-eyed junco is just chilling on one of my feeders.
Even in winter the creatures are out and about.

No comments: