Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cedar Waxwing

Saw my first ever Cedar Waxwing on the 23rd. I had just come home and happened to catch a glance of him. in the tree in
front of the house

Naturally, he had to sit in the very top of the tree.

He was kind enough to sit there while I got my camera out.

There actually was a pair of them.

This one was sitting farther down in the tree.



Then today coming home, I saw them again.

This time it was more the silhouette that caught my eye.

This was definitely harder to view.


Again the silhouette was the give away

I hope they will stick around a while so I can see them again.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lovely! Waxwings are so gorgeous! I don't get to see them very often. I wish I had something to attract them more. I had lots of the small crab apples they like this past winter and they never came to get them....very disappointing.