Sunday, April 20, 2014

Share my excitement

Ron and I have been noticing this nest.  We thought may be it was in use, as we had wondered what would build one that appeared so big.

Friday, I finally decided to check it out.  I had driven by it earlier and it sure did look like something was in it.

Imagine my surprise to see a Great Horned Owl. This is a cropped photo, as I wasn't sure.
I was in awe.  I have not seen an owl in the wild before.  I found out by reading my books, that owls will take over a previously owned nest.  This could have been hawk, or a crows nest in a previous time.

What an amazing find.

Lesser Yellow-legs in a huge puddle by our house.

The first goldfinch of the spring.

A killdeer in the same area as the lesser yellowlegs.

Blue-winged teal

My little corner of the world.

Have a great week.
Mary

No comments: