Thursday, April 17, 2014

Baby it's still cold outside

This robin was snuggled up against this post.  It was cold outside.
After a beautiful week, of warmth and sun, we got more snow on Monday. Will it ever turn to spring?

Looks like our cardinals are going to stick around.  Two pair have been here all winter, and are still sticking around..I hope they decide to nest here.

First time we have had an Eastern Towhee here.  I think it is just passing through.  I saw him for two days, then did not see him today.

Look what else showed up, Northern Flicker. He was digging around under the bird feeders.

Still not sure about this little fellow.

There is actually a pair of flickers.  We are up to 3 days they have been here.

Down at the park in Oswego Tuesday, I came across this sight.  Swallows flying low along the Fox River.
There was an area not far from where I was sitting, that I noticed the swallows.  I had read about a lot of swallows were sighted in Aurora. Don't know if they were heading north or south.  

They just seemed to stay in the area for quite a while.
Looks like the weather is going to warm up.  We can only hope.  Spring has been long in coming.
I do have daffodils and some miniature iris blooming.

Mary

No comments: