Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Baby Robin

This morning when I looked outside, I saw what looked like a blob under the patio table.
Upon closer inspection this is what I saw.
Naturally, I had to get my camera out and take a few pictures.
I am hiding!

Did I do a good job of hiding?

I am ready for my closeup!

Should I use this side for my closeup?

Maybe I should be a little farther back.

Mom is looking and calling for me.

Or, I should stand up.

Mom found me.

She can always find me.  She is a good Mom.

It was fun to be able to watch the baby and Mom interact.
A little while later they flew off together.

I hope you are having a great day!
Mary

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love this post! Those darned Robins put their nest in the most inconvenient places. I fear feral cats got our last nest. I don't think the babies were ready to fly and then I looked and they were gone. We have Bluebirds that are almost ready to come out and it will be good when they do...we need to weed in their area.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Great shots of the baby robin. I'm sure like me you have come to know the various calls of the robins - especially when looking for their babies or in distress because a cat is lurking nearby.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Amazing closeups!! Birds are so entertaining to watch. We have lots of native birds in our garden and we have names for the regulars. We joke that watching them is better than TV.