Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Another bird walk

This appears to be the Clymene Haploa Moth
The bike path at Les Arends Forest Preserve

I think this is a baby Baltimore Oriole

This baby bird looks like it just came out of the water.

A pair of baby Cowbirds.

Red-winged blackbirds are in abundance.

Juvenile Canada Goose
Look how the markings of the head are beginning to show up.

Parent feeding a juvenile.
Tree Swallow

Turtles sunning themselves on the Fox River.

Baby Red-winged blackbird

The geese were moving right along.

Juvenile Mourning Doves

Male Red-winged Blackbirds.

Woodland Sunflower

Milkweed

Great Spangled Fritillary

Song Sparrow singing his heart out.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Coreopsis

There is another Heron Rookery a bit north of where we live.
I got the opportunity to check it out.  I know there were a lot more nest that we saw before the Spring, but I only saw this one today.
Does not look like any of these have fledged yet either.
Soon.
Have a great day.
Mary

1 comment:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I agree that the one baby is an oriole as I had one that looked like that in our magnolia and I couldn't figure out what it was...until its mama came looking for it. A nice variety of birds found on your walk.