Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Yorkville Dam

I have been wanting to stop by the Yorkville Dam in Yorkville to see if any new birds for me had shown up.
Much to my surprise, there were five Trumpeter Swans.  There four adults and one juvenile.
All were feeding on the river. At first we thought they were lumps of ice, as we could not see any heads. This is a new bird for me to add to m list.

Here is the juvenile swan.  He still has gray feathers.  They will keep this plumage through their first winter.

Saw another Bald Eagle.
It is always a treat to see them. I keep working on taking good pictures.

Tree full of Rock Pigeons

A little further down the Fox River in Plano, is the Farnsworth House.
It sits along side the river.  In the Spring there is always the fear it will be flooded  There is a frame under the house to  keep it above the water.  

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Wow!! You certainly have amazing birds around you!!