Saturday, May 10, 2014

Another new bird for me.

In that puddle at the front of our subdivision I came across a Spotted Sandpiper.  Actually there were 2 of them.  Another first for me.

They were pretty nice to pose for me.

Over by the hospital, I saw my first egrets of the spring.

By the hospital there were more Spotted Sandpipers.  

Over in Oakhurst Forest Preserve there were cormorants,

The Canadian geese are still nesting.  It will not be long before they will have hatching eggs.
There are several nests of mute swans over at Alden Gardens, where my Dad used to live.  They may be having young by the middle of the month.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Wow..love your sandpiper. Always exciting to get a new bird. I just saw sandpipers in a flooded field, too. Must be migrating through. I had three kinds, but not positive which kinds. Haven't posted them yet.