Thursday, August 22, 2013

Kane County Reserve Part 2

Check out this Giant Swallowtail!  Today I decided to walk along the trail at the forest preserve near out house.
Near a bank I came across this beautiful butterfly.

He was sitting in the mud and looked like he was sucking on something.


He seemed to be rocking in the mud



I was able to get all of these pictures, while it sat for me.  I could circle around it to take the pictures.




 Crescentspot

There are several different Crescentspot butterflies.

Not the greatest picture of the turtle. Just as I moved to try to get a better one, he ducked into the water.



White waterlily

Monarch

He was absolutely beautiful!

I just could not help myself, and kept taking pictures.







This Monarch did a wonderful job of sitting for me.

No comments: