Saturday, August 3, 2013

Birds, butterflies, and flowers

I guess I have been photographing birds, and things in nature for a long time.  A lot of it started because I am fascinated by the pink bird, Flamingo.  We were at the Lowry Park Zoo, in Tampa, Florida on May 15, 2007.  Before digital I have a lot of flamingo pictures.

Every time we have visited a zoo, I took pictures of the pink bird.

American Eagle at the Lowry Park Zoo, that was not behind fencing.  They are beautiful.

At the Brookfield Zoo, here in Chicago, there is a butterfly garden.  I love to try, (I said try) to take photos of them.
Monarch Butterfly

Anytime I can get to a butterfly garden, I take pictures.  I have no idea what the different ones are, I just think they are beautiful.
Julia Heliconia





Buckeye Butterfly




Zebra Longwing Butterfly

All of these were at Brookfield Zoo, If I can find out what they all are, I will up date the post
Polydamas Swallowtail.


Several years ago I got to visit the Butchart Gardens  which is 13 Miles north of Victoria, on Vancouver Island.  This Robin was kind enough to let me take his picture.
Day lily in my yard. 

Don't you love it when a butterfly is kind enough to sit on your car just waiting for you to photograph it.
This is a Red Admiral.

Now I am going to have to get a butterfly book to help identify them.
These are just some of the miscellaneous pictures I have on memory cards.

Since these pictures were taken, I have learned a lot and gotten even better camera's.  Back in the day, I did have a 35 millimeter, that a actually broke, I used it so much.  I did all I could to keep Kodak in business.  I have thousands of pictures.  Now I take thousands of digital.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Great photos! The butterfly at the end is a Red Admiral. The orange with black veins and spotted tips is a Monarch. There was a Buckeye opened fully on one of the flowers and I saw a Zebra. I've never personally seen that all orange one, but in my butterfly book it seems to be a Julia Heliconian. Not in my part of the country :-) A really good book for USA butterflies is the Kaufman Field Guide to Butterflies of North America. The only problem with the guide is that I wish it was divided into eastern and western.