Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Four Rivers Environmental Education Center

Okay, this isn't at Four Rivers, but on one of the roads I have traveled recently.  Geese, Canadian, are everywhere!

Snow Bunting on Ashley Road , on way to Morris.

Red-tailed Hawk on Ashley Road, on way to Morris.

One I got to the Four Rivers Environmental Education Center in Channahon, the first birds I saw was the American Coot. I have never been to this area, and thought as long as I was in Morris, Channanon was not that far away.

Mallards and Merganser

Merganser

Mallards and Merganser

Bluebird

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Bluebird

I noticed movement down a hill where I was walking, and noticed this guy eyeing me.  He stayed watching me for quilt a while.

Could be a Downy or Hairy Woodpecker

Young Bluebird


Carolina Wren

Carolina Wren


Bluebird.  Look how vibrant his color is.


Barge along the Des Plains River

I had fun trying to photograph birds. It was a beautiful day. Sunny, and relatively warm. Lots of people were out with dogs and kids enjoying the weather.

No comments: