Thursday, June 21, 2012

Flowers, Feathers, and a little bit of Fur

Going to start adding more pictures as I locate them. This one was from last fall.  I will have to update when I find out the name. It is just so vibrant.

This is wild aster that I found while walking in the woods..  They are just so pretty in the fall.
Sunflower, the yellow is such a pretty color.

A doe, that was so kind to pose for me.

The fawn, I think thought he was hiding from me.  You can still see his spots. This picture was taken in September of last year.

Pileated Woodpecker.  that was pecking on an old tree stump.  Tried to get him in a different position, but he would not cooperate. They are a large crow-sized black backed woodpecker with bright red crest on head.  He has a long gray bill with red mustache. You can hear them when they are pecking at an old tree.  This one was seen in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in early fall.

A pair of Sandhill Cranes. These birds can grow to between 40 and 48 inches tall, and have a wing span of up to 6-7 feet.
They really are an elegant gray bird, with long legs and neck.  Their wings and body are often stained a rusty brown. They have a scarlet red cap on their head and red eyes.

Here is another sunflower, this time with a bee working his magic.  I love sunflowers.  They are cheerful because of their color.

This is a Black-capped Chickadee. He is gray with a black cap and throat patch. Has a white chest and tan belly, with small white marks on his wings.

No comments: